13 June 2011

Body & Soul Week :: Setting Goals; Making A Plan

Welcome to Body & Soul week. I thought this would be a perfect time to start a new feature, being pre-summer (if we ever see summer) and all. This is the other time, besides New Years, that we start thinking of ways to get our bodies looking great. Part of looking great is feeling great which means you must also adjust your diet. It’s a big deal people. We all need a little encouragement and/or motivation to get our booties back to the rhythm, no matter how in shape we [think] we are, right? Right!

Hi Friends, I hope you have enjoyed this week's posts. My goal with this was simply to share how I am doing it. I am a busy momma and wife with 1.5 jobs, so I had to come up with something that worked with our schedule and also did not take away from family time. After receiving many comments on my weight loss and body changes I thought, 'hot damn, I need to share this because it's actually working!'


Day 5 :: Setting Goals; Making A Plan
A big part of my start was creating a routine of eating less and better and exercising. I had 2 goals; one was to stick to my routine [this time] and the second was to commit to my routine 5 days a week.  Committing was the challenge on the days I felt really tired.  I kept telling myself that I had to do something even if it was just for 15 minutes. I had to get up and do something.  This worked for me and now I am to the point where I feel guilty if I don't shake my groove thang 5 days a week.  Most importantly though, I LOVE it and I'm excited to keep toning. I don't want to be buff, just want to be tight and toned.  This is a work in progress ...
 
One thing I hear a lot is eating healthy is more expensive.  Yes, it can be but it doesn't have to be. You can change where you shop. Go to a farmer's market for your fruit and veggies or go to one of the discount grocery stores where you bag your own items. You save a lot there - trust me, I know this. One thing about the discount stores is you do have to spend a little more time in the produce section checking, feeling, squeezing until you find the good stuff. It's worth it though.
 
Another thing, I was not in a hurry when I started my quest to be a fine momma :o) so this, I feel, lifted the pressure of feeling like I had too instead of I want too.  Makes a big difference when you want too.  I am motivated.
 
I know some people keep daily journals of what they eat and drink. Although I think this is a great idea, it never was something I could get into doing. I used to weigh myself every day until our scale broke. Now I just look at myself in the mirror every morning and every night. I also have hung onto clothes that didn't fit for ... heh hemm ... a while. I try them on when I feel like they will fit-some do and some are not quite there. HA!  Yep, that's what I do. This works for me.   
 
isn't that the truth!
   
I say be patient and stick to your routine, set the goals and be honest about it.  GOOD LUCK on your personal journey!

P.S. If you have a routine, goals, success story, etc, I would love to hear it. Please email me. You can be a guest blogger.  Thanks!