05 July 2011

A New Goal

Today I committed to run the 10k part of the Mud Runhappening in October.  I am going to do this with Misti, and whoever else wants to join us. 

Last year Misti ran the 5k with me and I am so thankful that she did.  I can honestly say I would have walked more than I ran/jogged had she not been there to keep me going.  You see, Misti is an experienced marathon runner and me, well let's just say at that point, I was still in the interval stage of running. HA! 

Let me tell you that the mud run was the hardest thing I have done but so rewarding at the same time.  I was estatic that I could walk after I crossed the finish line.  Seriously.

So this year, Misti suggested we do the 10k and I said 'OK'. eeek!  I took running/jogging consistently out of my workouts a while ago.  Guess I better add it back in and add it in quickly, like tonight.  I've got three and a half months to be in the 10k - not the slowest time having - shape. Know what I mean?

I CAN do this :: My goal is to work my patootie off to be 10k ready by October. I AM going to do this and I AM going to share what I do with all of you by adding progress to my posts.  I have decided to add what I did at the end of each post for two reasons; 1) maybe I can motivate a friend or two and 2) this holds be accountable to keep doing it.

So, here we go! Check back tomorrow for an update.  Weeeee! 

Click here to see how last year's event went.