09 November 2010

A Muddy ... Down & Dirty ... Muddy Sunday

HELLO!
I'm back and oh boy! I've got lots of posts to catch up on ... yahoozie!
I am definitely not complaining. I have been so busy doing what I love that
I haven't had much time to update this little bloggy, which I also love.
(3 extra hours per day. Please and thank you!)
Ok ... ok ... wishful thinking.

Anyhoo ... let's get on with it.
A while ago my long time friend, Misti, posted she was
going to do the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run on Halloween and asked
if anyone wanted to join her.
Umm ... he hem ... me! me! me! and I roped in Carmen too.
Please keep in mind that I have never done anything that
even comes close to a run, obstacle course type of exercise do-dad thingy
but I figured what the heck, it's got to be fun right? HA!

Well, even though this was by far the hardest thing I have done
I am so glad that I did it.  With Misti's encouragement during the entire 5K,
I was able to push myself to lengths I didn't know I could do.

Guess what? I want to do it again next year.
Goal :: Go faster.

Here are a few photos courtesy of Hubber:

Before the start ...

 Misti & I after the first mud pit ... yes there were 2

In the lake ... we could see the finish from here ...

Rope wall ... Misti was speedy

Here I come ...

Next year I'm going in like this ... I promise

 Hmmm ... 

Me & Misti ... After the finish

Me and Carmen ... after the finish

Too bad there is not a scratch-n-sniff feature because
I know you are wanting to smell that mud ... HA!

Good times for sure.

I've already started prepping for the next one.

While I wait for next year's event
I want to do a few 5 & 10k runs just to keep me going.  I have gotten to LOVE
exercising but I still need a motivator from time to time.
I think running is the trick.

Can't wait!