Give this recipe a try and let me know how it ends up.
I would be asking my hubby to make it (I am not fond of cooking)
but we are heading to Las Vegas for the weekend.
White Bean Chicken Chili in the crockpot
* 6 Servings ~ * Prep: 35 min. Cook: 3 hours
• 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
• 3 cups chicken broth, divided
• 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
• Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro, optional
• Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 2 minutes.
• Stir in the onion, garlic and jalapeno; cook 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with oregano and cumin; cook 1 minute longer or until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
• In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of beans. Add 1/2 cup broth; stir until blended. Add to the slow cooker with the remaining beans and broth.
• Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sounds pretty yummy to me!
Can't wait to try it.
project for next weekend?
White Bean Chicken Chili published in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p31