25 February 2011

flashback friday ...

Remember when gas prices were less then a $1 per gallon?


I do. I had a 1972 VW Beetle when I was 16.
(I learned from my then boyfriend now hubber, that my beetle was
not a cool beetle because it didn't have the small taillights ... um ok)

Anyhoo ... I remember gas being 95 cents per gallon.
Ahh...those were the good old days.

{Fast forward to yesterday} I paid $3.42 per gallon at Safeway
and that was after swiping my club card. WHOA!
Oh and my beetle is now a SUV.
Boy how times have changed.

I am sure back in the old daysmy parents and grandparents
were once gasping at the thought
of paying 95 cents per gallon like I was at the $3.42 per gallon.

One question: Some retro fashion comes back in style from time to time so
whay not gas prices? Hey! I am allowed to dream right?

Have a great weekend!