04 May 2011

It's What's on your plate? Wednesday. Again!

I know I have said this 100 times (at least) before but really, where is the time going? The weeks are flying by.  It's a good thing though, trust me.

Can you believe we are at W already? I know! Me either. ;o)

This week is :: Wasabi Yellowfin Tuna

All you'll need:
2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
4 (6 ounce) yellowfin tuna fillets
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

All you'll do:
Mix together the mayonnaise, wasabi paste, five-spice powder, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a small bowl.

Lay the tuna fillets into a glass baking dish. Pour the rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon soy sauce over the tuna. Spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over both sides of each piece of fish. Cover the dish and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes.

Prepare a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds evenly over both sides of the fillets. Lay the tuna gently into the skillet. Grill to desired level of doneness, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve immediately.

Yumma! Yumma! In my tumma!

Per Serving: [Calories: 234] [Total Fat: 4.4g] [Cholesterol: 77mg]

Gotta run. Trying to get my list of to dos done by the end of the day so I can enjoy daughter's field trip tomorrow.  And I have to finish getting things in order for my dad's arrival on Friday. Yep, they are coming all the way from FL to see my smiling face. Well, ok, maybe they are more excited to see their grandkids but whatever. :o)