17 May 2011

Life {as a} Mountain

When I think of a way to describe life experiences I always think of a mountain.  I see the mountain with little people on it that resemble my family.  For me, it's easy this way.  What do you do?

In the past 10 years our journey on our mountain has gone a little something like this ...
We had always hovered about 3/4 up the mountain.
(I have a little mountain)
Then we made a change in Hubber's job which took us really close to
the top of the mountain.  This is where we stayed for about 7 years.
Then, it happened, the economy dropped and so did business.
This rolled us down to about 1/4 way up the mountain.  Another big 
decision happened which brought us to about 1/2 way up the mountain.
(see what hard work can do)
Then out of nowhere the worst news hit us and threw us
to the bottom of the mountain emotionally.  We found ourselves fighting to get back
to that 3/4 mark (the 1/2 way mark at least) with all of our might.
It hasn't been easy but on the way we have found who our
true friends are, and family for that matter.

I cherish our loved ones wholeheartedly and they know it.

As hard as our journey on our mountain has been I can honestly say (and I
speak for Hubber too) that there are no regrets.
We are smarter and happier then we have been and it's all because
of the experiences we have had & the people we have
encountered in our young lives.

Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes life has to come full circle in order to really appreciate
who you've become and what you've got.

I am strong minded - to some this can be frustrating I'm sure. I just
don't put up with the crap anymore.  I don't have the time or the patience for it.
I am still the nicey-nice woman I have always been and that won't change.
I love being the positive influence and the one people come to
for advice or to vent.  I like to listen. 
What I don't like is when those people don't take anything
from what I have said and they keep sulking in their own pitty.
That's what I mean by 'crap'.

Life is too short to worry about what others think about you and your mountain.
I have learned that if you walk into a room glowing and confident then
that is how others will see you.  Any decent person anyway.
The people who continue to judge  and pick on others just aren't worth
the time of day really so you definitely shouldn't worry about what they think.

One of my favorite pieces of advice I give is this ::
"If it takes more energy to keep the relationship going
then it does to enjoy then it's just not worth it."
I believe this 100%.

Welp, I've got to get back to working on our mountain! :o)