19 October 2011

What's on your plate? Asparagus!

I made a yumma oven roasted asparagus last night.  No joke, it really was yumma!  Yumma enough that I couldn't wait to share it with you. 


I am going to share the recipe I found on one of my favorite sites and then tell you what I did. So here ya go ...

All you'll need:
1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed ->Mine were medium thickness
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced (optional) -> What? optional? Extra please!
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional) -> I did not use

All you'll do: (per the recipe)
Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.

All I did: (I did not measure anything)
Preheat oven [check!]

I lined the asparagus in a row on one of my favorite Pampered Chef stones (shop here for the amazing stones). I poured some olive oil in a small dish then brushed it on the asparagus.  I then sprinkled the asparagus with grated parmesan cheese, sea salt, black pepper and chopped garlic. (I chopped the garlic very fine to practice for when I am on a cooking/kitchen show. HA!)

Bake for 15 minutes minus the lemon juice. Next time I will bake for 10-12 minutes since I like my asparagus a bit more crispy.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Tootles!