27 October 2011

What's on your plate? {on Thursday}

Sooo … let’s talk Meatloaf.  I have been craving this lately so we have had it twice in 2 weeks. YES!

A couple of things to mention are: 1) I started the make my loaf of good-ness then realized we had no egg and no milk-two items the recipe calls for; and 2), I cut my thumb while chopping the onion.  It was just a little cut. No band-aid required.

All you’ll need:
2lbs Ground Turkey -> I use 1.25lbs because that’s the size of the package and it’s enough for 3 with leftovers.
1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 Onion, Chopped -> I use about ¾ of an onion
1 Egg -> oopsies
1Cup of Milk -> oopsies again (when I have it, I use a little less then a cup)
1 Clove of Garlic, sliced and diced
Back pepper, enough for taste
Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, enough to cover the top of meatloaf

[insert panic mode] I added a little ranch dressing and a little water since I didn’t have milk or egg.  Guess what? It came out good.  I couldn’t tell a difference and the family loved it the same as last week’s. Woot!

All you’ll do:
Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix all of the above, except the bbq sauce, in a bowl.  Form into a loaf pan, I used mine from Tupperware. 

Cover the top of the loaf with bbq sauce.

Bake for 1 hour.

Mmm mmm GOOD. {in my opinion}

Tootles.