08 December 2010

It's Wednesday sooo What's on your plate? D is for Duck

Yepper! You are reading that right
D is for Duck.

It seems we all either get fed fancy or make fancy food around
the holidays
(I am a getting fed fancy person)
and to me, a duck dish seems fancy. Well not a normal
night of the week dinner dish anyway.

Have you ever heard of a Turducken?
It's a chicken stuffed into a duck which is stuffed into a turkey.
Sounds a weee bit hectic to me but to each their own right?

 quick jaunt down memory lane ::
When I was younger I had a friend Haley. Her dad would go duck hunting
every year and oh boy, he would bring home a lot of them. 
Haley's mom would make us duck nuggets. You know like chicken nuggets.
I remember them being so very good.

I went ahead and searched high and low for something a bit easier to tackle ::
(actually I just went to my favorite recipe site but whatever) :o)

Roasted Duck
  Prep Time: 10 Min * Cook Time: 2 Hrs * Ready In: 2 Hrs 10 Min

You will need
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 (5 pound) whole duck
1/2 cup melted butter


You will do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Rub salt, pepper, and paprika into the skin of the duck. Place in a roasting pan.

Roast duck in preheated oven for 1 hour. Spoon 1/4 cup melted butter over bird, and continue cooking for 45 more minutes. Spoon remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over duck, and cook for 15 more minutes, or until golden brown.

Makes about 4 servings
(per serving) Calories: 625 * Total Fat: 45.1g * Cholesterol: 280mg  

Seems easy enough.
Mmm ... check it out. Give it a try. Let me know what you think!