29 December 2010

Wednesday already?! What's on your plate? G!

Get it? G, like Home Slice or Diggety or something like that?
Ok Ok, I'm swamped so let's get on with it. :o)

This week's yummer is
Greek Salad

Mmmm ... The first time I had this was at my inlaw's house.
My mother-in-law doesn't mix the ingredients she
lines them up on an oval shaped dish so we can pick and choose
what we want. Umm, I normally pick everything.
Yep I do.

Ingredients

1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise (triangles people) 
2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 small sweet onion, halved and sliced
1 jar kalmata olives (you can use black olives if you prefer) 
5 tablespoons CRISCO® Oil
2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
6 cups assorted salad greens, washed, dried and chopped
-Keep in mind you can add as much ingredient as you wish. The more veggies the better-

Some Directions
Whisk CRISCO® oil, vinegar, oregano and lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.

Pour dressing evenly over vegetables and let marinate for about 30 minutes.

Add salad greens, toss to coat and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.
 
I wanted to use our family recipe but I didn't grab it on my way out today .. DANG IT.
This one is pretty close though.
 
Απολαύστε!
(translation: Enjoy!)