05 October 2009

Simply...A Great Weekend!

Have you ever had a day? A night? A weekend?
A week where everything just fell into place so perfectly?


This past weekend everything just fell into place so perfectly. We didn’t do anything extravagant. Actually we were busy. Perfectly busy.

Friday night we went to Mikuni for dinner – yum! I didn’t get my bbq albacore this time. However, the sushi chef made us a custom roll that was amazingly delish! By the way, that roll will now be a permanent item on the Leppanen Memory Menu. After Mikuni we went to Nikki and Ray’s to visit. They recently (finally) moved to the area – so exciting!

Saturday morning I got up bright and early and volunteered at the Blind and Low Vision Special Olympics. One wordWOW! What an awesome group of people. I will definitely do it again next year. Kylee was going to volunteer because she wanted to go to Starbucks on the way. I reminded her that I had to leave the house at 6:20am. She said she didn’t care, she wanted Starbucks. I told her Dad would take her to Starbucks when they woke up. She instantly said, “OK”. She is not a morning person. I thought it was funny that she was going to get up with the roosters just to have Starbucks. I do want her to volunteer with me this year. I know she will have fun and gain a lot from helping others.

After the Olympics I had to show property. We looked for hours with a break for lunch. After house hunting my clients with their daughter and Jamie, Kylee and I all met up for appetizers and drinks. Since we were in Citrus Heights I called one of my besties, Jen and her boyfriend, Dave to come join us (we have been friends since 4th grade). We talked, told stories from our ‘younger’ days and laughed a lot! Five hours later we headed home. Yes, 5 hours later.

Sunday we hosted a bbq for Kylee’s softball team. There was not a game this weekend so we decided to get the kids and parents together for some fun. The weather was perfect! We supplied the meat and everyone else brought items. Not everyone made it but we had a good turnout. The kids and parents got to socialize without worrying about keeping score! So nice. We enjoyed getting to know the parents and the kids outside of softball practices & games. It was a fabulous day! Side note: the crazy kids went swimming. Our pool is not heated. I am betting the water was about 68 degrees! brrrrr

As I get older I really cherish my relationships so much. Friends and Family, well friends are family so it’s all the same. It doesn’t matter if I see you all of the time or hardly at all, I adore everyone in my family (friends too remember).

I hope you had a great weekend too!