29 September 2009

Who is the Tooth Fairy?

Sunday Kylee lost a 2nd tooth in as many weeks.
Sunday night I put $5 (all $1 bills) in her Tooth Fairy pillow, under her pillow.
Monday morning she woke up and told me the Tooth Fairy left her all $1 bills.

Monday morning on the way to school:

Kylee:
“Mom, why did Dad have all of the $1 bills on top of his wallet last night?”
 
Me:
“Daddy takes money out of his pockets and sets it down.
He hadn’t put it in his wallet yet. I think it was only $1 or $2.”
 
Kylee:
“No. There was like $5 or $10.”
 
Me:
“You know how Daddy is. He takes money out of his pocket
and sets it down until he gets his wallet again.”
 
Kylee:
“Does the Tooth Fairy leave me money or is it you guys? Tell me the truth.”
 
Me:
In my head….Eeek…gulp….hmmm
“Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy?”
 
Kylee:
“Yes.”
 
Me:
“Well then the Tooth Fairy is leaving you the money.”
 
Kylee:
“Ok. I wish the Tooth Fairy would leave me a toy like she did before.”
 
I giggled and thought whew….I got through that one!