15 June 2011

if you can't buy it {make it!}

Recently, I have been wanting something new. Actually, I have been wanting lots of new things but truth is, I can't go out and just buy what I want right now. I decided the next best thing would be to make stuff.  The first thing was the wine cork recipe board - check it out here.  That was fun and got my mind working on other ideas.  I've got a few of those ideas stored away in my crafty tank. :o) 

Last night I decided I wanted to do something with mason jars - we had a few laying around. I have seen so many cute mason jar ideas lately which sparked my interest in doing this quick little project. I didn't want to spend money on supplies so I had to use what we had around the house. Thankfully, I've got a few things.

[cute huh!]

I took the center of the lids out and left the rest. I like the way they look with the outer part of the lid. The material is from a shirt that I had in the 'throw away' pile. The taller jar is tied with the collar, the smaller jar is wrapped with the front strip of buttons and the flowers are from our yard. I love the way they turned out.



From start to finish this only took about 20 minutes. Just 20 minutes to satisfy my urge for something new, put a smile on my face and it was free!