08 June 2010

Another Appearance & A Smidge About Me

The Smidge ...
As a kid I had a horse named Cindy.
She was an Arabian. A tamed Arabian.
I took care of my horse.
Cleaned her. Fed her.
Exercised her. Bathed her.
Showed her.
Ahhh those were the good old days.
That was some great exercise. I had to stay fit and
full of energy to keep up! I liked it!

I haven't been in the equine scene in years.
Just one of those things. You know how kids are.
Not always ready to make the smartest decisions.
My mom told me one day when I was 16 years old,
"the horse or the car. You aren't doing both."
Silly me picked the car. It sure seemed like
the right thing to do 20 years ago! ... weep weep

Anyway, enough about that ...

This weekened we had plans to go to
Long Beach to see my brother-in-law, his amazing
girlfriend and a few of our friends too. Catch a Galaxy game.
Cat nap on the beach. Eat great food, etc.

Then I got the email from Jill @JCH Productions
asking for title holders to assist with the awards
presentation at the Prix d'Pickwick.
The final show for the Triple Crown of show jumping.

Huh? Are you serious? Yes, I'll be there!
I felt like a kid in a candy store when we showed up.
All of the horses were beautiful. The barns.
The saddles. The jumps. The clothes.
It brought me back and I loved it!
Husband was there to share in my excitement. YAY!

I really enjoyed being in the ombiance of it all.
The horses. The awards. Guy Thomas winning the Triple Crown.
And of course the crown. My crown.
Doing it all as Mrs. Northern Valley Intl. 2011 was
pretty amazing.  I am still smiling.

Here are some pics from this event ...








So much fun! SO many more events to do.
Stay tuned ...